Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Baby Searls Birth!

Hello Everyone!

The last time I updated you about baby Searls was in October and we did not know what we were having.

Jon and I had decided to not find out whether baby was a boy or girl.

So,  On February 13, 2015 we had a baby Boy!!  Here is baby D's birth story!

On Monday the 9th I was 40 weeks and was not experiencing any labor symptoms so I was scheduled for a weight ultrasound.

On Tuesday I went in for my ultrasound and they told me baby Searls was estimated for 10 lbs. 10 oz.  Needless to say we were a little shocked and apprehensive.

On Wednesday the 11th my doctor had me go see the OB.  Until this point I was seeing my family doctor.  The OB suggested it would be best to have a C-section because of baby Searls predicted weight.  Jon and I agreed, even if this made me a little sad and nervous.  It is a major surgery.  Surgery was scheduled for Friday the 13th.  (Jon really wanted me to wait until the next available date which was the next Wednesday because he was a little superstitious about Friday the 13th.)

Friday finally came.  I had to be up at the hospital at 10:00 for a Noon surgery.  My parents were there before I was taken back for prep.  This turned out to be a good thing because Jon did not get to join me right away and he would have been so nervous by himself.

Here I am all ready for surgery.
At 12:15 p.m. I was taken back for prep.  At about 12:35 they went a got Jon.  Jon was very excited to see what we were having and wanted to tell me himself.  So, he watched as the Dr. pulled baby Searls out of me (this would have freaked me out) and excitedly proclaimed "Its a Boy!"  At this point I am sure I was crying and Jon was a little teary eyed as well.  Jon was able to cut the umbilical cord to a smaller size.







We stayed in the hospital until Monday afternoon.  Here are some of the photos from that time.








 Here he is in his going home outfit.




And, this is his first night sleeping at home.






Hope you enjoyed seeing baby D's first few days.






No comments:

Post a Comment